Subject: Re: Allen Hastings about to unsubscribe...
From: Allen D Hastings <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 13:43:11 -0700

>>I'll probably have to unsubscribe from the list very soon - the volume is
>>just getting too high.  Thanks!
> 
>I, for 1, consider this terrible news.  It would be a great help to the rest 
>of us here still subscribed if those getting great answers (via email) to 
>Lightwave questions from Allen would POST THEM for the rest of us to read.

I'm afraid I'm not able to answer many questions by email anymore either.
As I said in a post a few weeks back, my work time is now more than half
consumed by returning phone calls and reading and answering mail.  In
other words, LightWave development is proceeding much more slowly than it
could be!  That's not good, especially considering the amount of work
involved in all the great suggestions I've received as well as the multi-
platform effort.

The best solution for me would be a LightWave newsgroup instead of a
mailing list.  That way users could go on trips without their email boxes
being so full when they return (mine had 517 messages yesterday, after an
absence of just five days), and one could easily see an overview of all
the threads, the number of messages per thread, who posted them, etc.

- AH